Through the years, the Young Marines has received scores of awards from various organizations. Many Young Marines and adult volunteers receive individual awards for community service and dedication to the nation’s veterans. In fact, there are too many to list here.
Below are recognitions for first-rate work as a program:
Fulcrum Shield Award from the Department of Defense
The Department of Defense’s (DoD) Fulcrum Shield Award recognizes military-affiliated youth organizations around the world that have made intensive efforts at spreading anti-drug messages in local communities. The Young Marines has won this award more than any other youth organization - an astounding 11 times.
- 2020 - Manassas Young Marines
- 2019 - Miami Valley Young Marines
- 2017 - Miami Valley Young Marines
- 2016 - East Valley Young Marines
- 2015 - Young Marines’ drug education program - Closing the Gate of Drugs
- 2014 - Division 3 of the Young Marines
- 2012 - Young Marines program as a whole
Enrique ‘Kiki’ Camarena Award from the Drug Enforcement Administration
The Drug Enforcement Administration’s (DEA) Enrique ‘Kiki’ Camarena Award honors six Young Marines units, one award per division, for drug demand reduction efforts through community education and peer-to-peer role modeling.
- Division One – Gettysburg Young Marines in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Division Two – LCpl Caleb John Powers Young Marines in Fredericksburg, Virginia
- Division Three – Milton Lewis Young Marines in Gainesville, Florida
- Division Four – Casper Mountain Young Marines in Casper, Wyoming
- Division Five – Miami Valley Young Marines in Huber Heights, Ohio
- Division Six – Miramar Young Marines in San Diego, California
The Telly Award honors excellence in video and television across all screens and is judged by leaders from video platforms, television, streaming networks, and production companies.
- 2021 - Tomorrow's Leaders in the category of Non-Profit
- 2021 - Code Talkers in the category of Virtual Events
- 2021 - Pearl Harbor in the category of Virtual Events
- 2021 - Tomorrow's Leaders in the category of General Documentary
- 2014 - Young Marines News Network in the category of online video
- 2013 - Young Marines News Network in the category of online video
Golden Trumpet Award
The Publicity Club of Chicago’s Golden Trumpet award honors distinguished achievement of public relations.
- 2015 - Outstanding achievement in the Young Marine’s public relations.
Promotional Products Association International award recognizes the design, production and implementation of products.
- 2016 - Internal Communications Program for the “Closing the Gate on Drugs" kit